Sunday, May 14, 2006

I Have to Kill You

Have you ever heard of that joke… "I can tell you the secret to life…but I have to kill you"? In one of the more livelier seminars by Tuhan, he said exactly that.

The plain truth is that the secrets to life are simple and easy. The difficulty. The challenge. The secret of all secret is that YOU have to be willing to change your life. So you see, in changing your life, you are in essence killing the old you.

This is actually not as morbid as it sounds. Every day, we change. Sometimes we change for the better, sometimes for the worse. If we make sure that day by day, we change for the better more than the worse, we come out ahead.

So in this blog, I expect readers to be critical and questioning. The only proof I have is that I am not homeless. I married the woman of my dreams. My life is happy. My wife is fun. We have plans to be successful.

Seven years ago, I was afraid of being homeless. I could not find a job. I was ready to let go of my then girlfriend. I was miserable.

Note that what happened to me is that I was in so much PAIN that I was ready to kill the old me. I was ready to change. Unless a person is ready to change, they will fall to the same old habits over and over again.

1 comment:

BBQ said...

Tata Retong!

Funny how I stumbled over your blog. I googled on something about Pinoy food then found your Karinderia blog, and now I'm here. You sound so introspective these days than your old SCF days.


Bambam Quimson
(Someone who's killed himself often.)