Saturday, May 13, 2006

Money Matters

Money Matters

I am nearing forty. I still remember when I was thirteen and I had just come from the Philippines. I was just a high school graduate about to enter Berkeley. I was a college senior applying to med school and graduate school. I was the future of America. Now, I am the present of America.

Time flies. Five years flew by. A year ago, I was not married. Now, I am.

In all these moments, I have been fortunate enough to have had a teacher. His name is Tuhan Joe Arriola. From his experiences, he decided to teach a community. I am lucky enough to be taught by him.

But it was not all beds of roses. I am intelligent, and very often I collided with Tuhan about his advice and his thoughts. In the end, I had to follow my wife and trust that she did things for the best.

Years later, I understand the things that Tuhan said. I understand that sometimes, to make money, you have to let go of the emotion, the prejudices and the ego.

This is my story…

No comments: