Friday, December 29, 2006

FORD

FORD

The SO has a Mustang that was built on the same year that I was born. It is a beautiful yellow-green car with a vinyl top. There are rust stains here and there, but the car is solidly built. We have dreams that when we are sufficiently prosperous that we will have the car rebuilt from the tires on up.

Today, I just bought some FORD stock. I read in the Wall Street Journal that Alan Mullaly is planning to do to Ford what he helped do to Boeing. Knowing that, I am betting that this guy can turn the company around in two years. The stock right now is at $7. I figure in two or three years that this will be about $30.

I'm buying the stock as part of the risky ventures that my teacher has been teaching at the financial group. For the last five years, we have been building up our base (IRA, Roth, etc account). This past year, my teacher gave us the go-ahead to learn how to buy some riskier stocks.

The hardest part is the buy. You have to face the fact that you can lose money. For someone like me who struggled for so long with respect to finances, I can not help but flinch at the prospect of losing $1000. But then again, I reason to myself that I can just find another $1000.

So this one is the small step, small step, baby step that I need to do before I can go on to larger and bigger and riskier ventures. How I hold up to this small venture will decide what I will do in the larger ventures.

Good luck to me! PROSPERITY!!!

No comments: